What is the Aria Suite?
The VMware Aria Suite is a cloud management platform made up of a bundle of products. This enables customers to quickly and consistently deploy virtual machines, manage large scale environments and drive operational efficiency. This suite can be run in nearly any cloud – whether it is a private cloud in your own data center or a public cloud (such as VMware Cloud on AWS, as well as a number of other offerings).
The Aria Suite is delivered as a single license key that can be used across all products in the suite. Generally all products are upgraded at the same time. There is however a way to mix product versions between the suites. See VMware KB 67136 for details.
The products can be tightly integrated to allow for the maximum benefit. For example a vRealize Automation Blueprint can create NSX Networks and firewall rules as necessary as well as integrate with vRealize Operations to ensure that VMs created by a department are automatically included in the charge back process that is used to track usage back to cost centers.
Products included in the Aria Suite
- vRealize Lifecycle Manager
- Aria Automation
- vRealize Operations
- Aria Operations for Logs
- Aria Automation Orchestrator
Purchasing the Aria Suite for On-Premises
The vRealize Suite is licensed by PLU or Portable License Unit. As the name suggests, the license is portable depending on where it is used:
- In your own data center – 1 PLU = 1 CPU
- For the public cloud – 1 PLU = 15 workloads.
The Aria Suite comes in 3 Editions (Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise).
Product versions by Aria Suite release
Each version of the Aria / vRealize Suite comes with distinct versions of the products in the bundle
vRealize Suite 2019 (release notes) – Keys for this product should work for any newer versions of a product (ie vRealize Operations 8.5) until the next version of the suite comes out
- vRealize Automation 8.0
- vRealize Orchestrator 8.0
- vRealize Operations Manager 8.0
- vRealize Log Insight 8.0
- vRealize Lifecycle Manager 8.0
vRealize Suite 2018 (release notes)
- vRealize Automation 7.5
- vRealize Orchestrator 7.5
- vRealize Business for Cloud 7.5
- vRealize Operations Manager 7.0
- vRealize Log Insight 4.7
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 2.0
vRealize Suite 2017 (release notes)
- vRealize Automation 7.3
- vRealize Orchestrator 7.3
- vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3 & 7.3.1
- vRealize Operations Manager 6.6 & 6.6.1
- vRealize Log Insight 4.5
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.0