vToolbelt – March 2021
Product Support Watch
Horizon View / Workspace ONE
- App Volumes 2.17 – 7/02/2021
- Dynamic Environment Manager 9.8 – 7/02/21
- Dynamic Environment Manager 9.9 – 9/17/21
- Horizon 7.10 ESB – 9/17/21
- Identity Manager 3.3.1 – 4/17/2021
- Identity Manager Connector 19.03 – 7/01/2021
- vRealize Operations for Horizon 6.6 – 4/30/21
- Workspace ONE Access 20.01 – 7/30/21
- NSX Advanced Load Balancer 18.2 – 8/31/21
- NSX-T Data Center 2.5 – 9/19/21
Notes From The Field
vSphere 7 Update 1 introduced the vSphere Cluster Services (vCLS). This change has abstracted the Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) and High Availability (HA) functionality from vCenter. These functions are now controlled by a set of small virtual machines. You will not see them in the inventory view; but you may see them on a datastore or in other reports that show running VMs. These VMs are named vCLS – or vCLS(x). You don’t need to manage them; but it is good to understand what they are. You can read more on the YellowBricks blog.
When installing vSphere 7 on a number of older processors you may see a warning that this processor will be deprecated soon. The affected processors are all in or near End of Life or End of Support status by their respective manufacturers. You can see the full list of AMD & Intel CPUs in VMware KB 82794.
The vSphere 7 Security Configuration guide has been updated and is now available.